Halligan Foam Roof Coating Services
Highest elongation and tensile strength, low breath-ability, excellent chemical resistance, weathers well, solvent born.
Spray Polyurethane Foam and Coatings
COOL. LOWER cooling and heating costs. SPF has the highest R value per inch of any insulation thermal bridging. SPF can be coated with one of several highly reflective Energy Star Approved Coatings.
- Simplified flashings and details
- High wind uplift resistance
- No deck penetrations
- Indefinite life expectancy with maintenance and recoats
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- Aged smooth or gravel surface BUR
- Usually no tear off
- Smooth or granulated Mod BitMetal Roofs
- Highest performance roof systems at lowest applied cost!
Polyurethane foam and elastomeric coatings are adaptable to virtually any substrate and shape. Because SPF is monolithic, foam and coatings are the perfect flashing choice for restoration of most types of roofing.
Protecting the Environment:
- SPF is very low in the emission of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- It is free from chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) – which have been shown to adversely affect stratospheric ozone.
- It is the most energy-efficient form of insulation there is.
- It eliminates the need for costly roof tear-offs and the burden this places on landfills.
Why We Use SPF on Roofs
SPF roofs last indefinitely and hold their insulation value forever. They withstand extraordinary weather events – which is why SPF was chosen for the new roof on the Louisiana Super Dome.
When compared to other roofing systems having the same R-value, slope considerations and warranty, SPF roofs are usually more economical. When the life cycle costs of all roofing systems are compared, SPF is the most economical choice by a very wide margin.
- Can be applied rapidly with little or no disruption to the facilities.
- Requires fewer people to apply – which reduces the likelihood of accidents.
- Eliminates the need for multiple levels of roofing required by conventional systems.
- Conforms to all roof shapes and types.
- Can be applied directly over asphalt, shingles, built-up roofs, clay tile, concrete, metal and wood.
- Produces energy savings of 30% compared to alternative roofing systems.
- Evens out roof surfaces so there are no dips where water can collect.
- Self-flashing and seamless – therefore no leaks.
- Is highly resistant to chemical attack.
- Requires minimal upkeep to remain under warranty.
- Lasts forever if properly maintained.
One of the greatest advantages to polyurethane foam coatings is the extremely low maintenance required after the initial application.
A polyurethane foam roof will withstand even high traffic areas and harsh environments and still require so little maintenance that many companies have reduced their maintenance costs dramatically saving thousands of dollars in the very first year.
Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) is a form of plastic that goes from liquid to solid in a matter of seconds, increasing in volume approximately 30x as it dries. It is the most cost-effective and sustainable roofing, insulation and waterproofing system available today.
To further weatherproof a structure – and enhance its capacity to sustain normal seasonal expansions and contractions – we finish each job by applying a UV resistant coating system with a granular surface. Our elastomeric coatings have outstanding durability and low-temperature flexibility. They have very little odor and low VOC emissions.
New penetrations in the roofing system are easily installed and become a part of the warranted roofing system.
As the cost of energy increases, so will the demand for SPF roofs. Halligan Foam Roof Coating is an industry leader in SPF for roofing and every other application of this amazingly safe and useful material.
Numerous warranties are available from Halligan Foam Roof Coating and our vendors depending on the need and desires of the end user. From coating warranties to full system 20-year warranties including a guarantee that the roofing system will not become dis-bonded from the substrate in ANY WIND EVENT, are available throughout the United States and abroad.